Wednesday 30 September 2015

Surprising Finds

Surprising Finds

Today I had to walk to town as there was no car available. So I set off determined to take a real interest in everything I passed. The park was looking lovely, the trees beginning to turn to gold and yellow, and long stripy shadows stretching across the grass. Just past the railway bridge, on the other side of the road is a narrow river fringed with reeds and rushes, another park and a large expanse of rough ground, and on this rough ground several chestnut-coloured ponies were grazing in the Autumn sunshine, their tawny coats a striking contrast to the rich green grass. What a lovely surprise! So rural and halfway to the centre of town. I'd always missed this as it can't be seen when driving a car! Perhaps I should walk more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment